This is a very special post today, because I have been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!!! *round of applause*
Thank you SO much to my good friend, Angel, from https://invisibleinink.wordpress.com . Everyone has that one friend with whom you share a lot of similar interests and can fangirl about your fandoms with, and Angel is that friend for me! Her blog is beautiful and incredibly creative. Also, I get so excited every time she posts a review because you can tell she’s really passionate about her opinions on a book, and it’s so fun to read! You should definitely check out her blog – you won’t regret it!!!
So now onto the Liebster Award. I didn’t even know this existed before, but I am so glad I do now! This award was created by Global Aussie (theglobalaussie.com). Basically, it was created to promote small blogs that have 200 followers or less! It’s a great way to interact with other smaller bloggers and read some great, underappreciated blogs!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer, and answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it! Post a comment in the comments of Global Aussie ‘s post so they can view your post and check out your blog.
My Favorite Blog:
Other than Angel’s blog , whose blog is incredibly innovative and engaging to readers, my favorite blog would have to be Alisa Ellie ‘s blog. I found her on Instagram (well bookstagram) first and fell completely in love with her feed. Then, I realized she had a blog. I fell in love with it from the beginning and have been reading her posts ever since.
First of all, the colors and overall aesthetic of her blog are so appealing. Yes, good posts and writing are important for a blog, but if the blog’s appearance is not attractive, it will not get a lot of positive feedback. Alisa’s blog is well organized and unique. I’m serious when I say that I’ve never seen another blog like it.
Also, she reads a lot of the same books that I am interested in. Therefore, I love reading her reviews of books I’m thinking of picking up, because I trust her opinion. She has really sweet writing skills. Another thing I love is the different topics she talks about in her blog posts. She has a category for book reviews, book hauls, small talks, and travel. One of her recent posts is all about subscription boxes for Christmas, which I really enjoyed reading! I’d love to expand my blog a little and hers is a great example to go by.
Another really cool thing is that she has an entire page for books that she recommends! I also have a page like this, which I created before I found her blog. But I was so happy to see another book blogger had the same idea, and her book recommendations page is displayed so nicely!
I’m so glad Alisa Ellie’s blog exists, because it gives me so many tips for my own blog, and it’s just so fun to read!!
10 Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite book series of all time is and forever will be Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I’ve read the series like 5 times and am currently rereading them again. I just want to go to Hogwarts, ok?
- I have always wanted to be a writer. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved reading and writing, and there has never been any doubt in my mind that writing (being an author or a journalist or an editor) is going to be my career one day when I graduate!
- I am a HUGE fan of travelling!! One of my life mottos is “I want adventure in the great wide somewhere.” – Beauty and the Beast (did anyone else sing that in their head as they read it?)
- My favorite sports are swimming and basketball.
- I have two younger brothers. Yep, I’m the oldest sibling and the only girl. Which can definitely be hard sometimes. I actually cried when my youngest brother was born, because I had wanted him to be a girl so badly haha. But now I wouldn’t trade them for the world!
- I am a huge fan of ice cream. I don’t know why. Dang it, now I really want some.
- I have always been really interested in Deaf culture and American Sign Language (ASL). I’m slowly learning ASL online, but I want to minor in the language in college and maybe be a part-time interpreter one day!
- My favorite genre to read is fantasy, but I honestly read almost every genre!
- My favorite color is blue. If you couldn’t already tell by my bookstagram photos and this blog lol.
- I am not an emotional person at all, but almost every book I read makes me cry. That’s how I know it’s a good book. 🙂
Questions asked by Angel:
- If you could only read only one book for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
Well, the Bible for sure. I am a Christian, and this is the most important book to me. But other than that (because I feel like that’s not the kind of answer Angel was looking for haha), I want to say Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. As the first book in the Harry Potter series, I will never get tired of reading it. Or maybe Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, my favorite classic. Ugh, I can’t choose!
- Let’s say you now have a time machine-to which era would you travel to?
This is easy for me! Definitely Victorian London, so somewhere around the 1700s-1800s! This is the time of Jane Austen and The Infernal Devices. I would love to wear a big dress and walk the streets of quaint English towns! Plus, so many interesting historical things occurred during this time!
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
Another hard question. There isn’t really one big thing I’ve accomplished. I’m a good student, so I always get good grades. Reaching 2k followers on my bookstagram recently was a huge thing. And creating this blog… I just don’t know!
- If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? Or would you rather stick to your current name?
Honestly, I love my middle name, Abigail, so I would pick that. But I really don’t mind my real name, Rebekah.
- Favorite song and why?
This changes constantly. But currently, it is Perfect by Ed Sheeran. It’s just such a sweet song, and it has always reminded me of my favorite literary couple, Will Herondale and Tessa Gray, for some reason.
- What’s a quality you admire/appreciate in others?
I like when a person is humble and always puts others first before thinking about themselves.
- What language would you like to learn?
Like I mentioned in my 10 facts, I’ve always wanted to learn ASL. I am sort of currently learning it, but it’s a slow process when I’m partly teaching myself. I think there are so few hearing people who know this language, and they can’t communicate with Deaf people.
- If you could shapeshift into any animal, what would you be and why?
Well my favorite animals are horses and monkeys, but I think I’d like to shapeshift into an eagle, because they’re gorgeous and strong. And I could fly anywhere I want (which is the main reason I’d choose an eagle haha)!
- What is the hardest thing you have ever had to do?
Can I say high school in general? I think all high school students would agree with me, honestly. But other than that, I once had to repel down the side of a rock cliff at a summer camp, and that was terrifying and really challenging.
- If you could teleport to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Probably either Universal Studios, Florida, because I really want to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, or London, England, because that is the country I most want to visit. I could just hide away there until my exams are over.
- Name three things you like about yourself.
I like that I’m smart. I’m not at all trying to brag here, but I’m glad that I have good grades and will be able to get scholarships to college.
My love of reading and writing kind of goes along with that. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t love books!
And another thing is that I don’t care very much what people think about me. Obviously I care a little – everyone does. But I’m confident in who I am and the things that I like.
My Nominees: (all are blogs with 200 followers or less)
Megan from https://thousandunreadpages.wordpress.com/
Ruby from https://rubyraereads.wordpress.com/
Hollie from https://hollieohsbookreviews.wordpress.com/
Vanessa from https://throughprosetintedpages.wordpress.com/
Shelby from https://shelbyreadsblog.wordpress.com/
Questions for my nominees:
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- If you could meet any 5 people (alive or dead), who would you meet and why?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite movie of all time and why?
- What is one holiday tradition you do every year?
- If you could have any pet, what would you have and what would you name it?
- What is your favorite book series and how many times have you read it?
- Which do you like better – hot weather or cold weather?
- What is your favorite time period in history?
Thank you for taking the time to read this extremely long post (if you even got through the whole thing). And congrats to everyone nominated for the Liebster Award! I’m so excited to have been nominated!
I hope you enjoyed reading my bookish babblings! Keep reading!